Personal Notes: Just returned from a great journey to
CA. Was able to work and spend a lot
of time with time honored friends. On
my last night there my friend Lisa brought out a great children’s book,
a Dr Seuss book in fact – Oh The Places You’ll Go! It perfectly describes life. Everyone
should read it – it’s my new favorite gift. This, combined with the tips included in
the article below, (and in this month’s quote) creates a perfect life
guide. I love them all. I hope you enjoy them too!
– Fruit as a Sweet read more...
Recipe – Chocolate Fondue read
Article – Tips for an Exceptional Superb & Powerful
Life! read more...
start the new year of right read more...
Balance read more...
Looking for a
Speaker? read more...
New at Seeds
To Change read more...
Quote of the
Month Beginning of life secret read more...
is a great way to introduce the sweet sensation into the
diet without upsetting the system.
Fruit will react more slowly in your system than processed sugar. Fruit also has fiber which will keep you
full longer. And, fruit has nutrients
– vitamins and minerals. Fruit
can be a healthy snack, a dessert (see the recipe below to make it special)
or part of a meal. Add it to the
grocery list and make it accessible in your kitchen.
This is a great AND easy
dessert. I bring it often (with a gift
mini fondue pot) when invited to a friend’s house for dinner. Everyone LOVES it!
Chocolate Fondue (Serves 4)
1 cup dark chocolate chips or 6 oz dark chocolate, chopped
1 T soy milk
Put soy milk and chocolate chips in double boiler (basically, a smaller pan
that fits inside a large one that is filled with boiling water.) Place over
medium-low heat. Stir until melted.
Put in a fondue dish and serve with fresh or dried fruit. I like
strawberries, bananas and oranges.
Sometimes, I’m a little decedent and add a liqueur (be sure to
add it while heating the chocolate otherwise the chocolate will seize and end
up as a hard ball)
an Exceptional, Superb & Powerful Life!
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It
is the ultimate antidepressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if
you have to.
3. Buy a TiVo (DVR), tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement,
"My purpose is to___________ today."
5. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
6. Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than you
did last year.
7. Always pray and make time to exercise, practice meditation, yoga.
8. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 & under the age
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat fewer foods
that are manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild
Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk. Let
new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires,
issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot
control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive present
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn.
Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade
away like algebra class ......but the lessons you learn will last a
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like
a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
18. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what
their journey is all about.
24. Ladies - Go on and burn those "special" scented candles, use
the 600 thread count sheets, the good china & wear your fancy
lingerie now. Stop waiting for a special occasion. Everyday is special.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five
years, will this matter?"
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business.
29. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time!
30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your
friends will. Stay in touch with them.
32. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
33. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
34. The best is yet to come.
35. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
36. Do the right thing!
37. Call your family often.
38. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:
"I am thankful for __________."
Today I accomplished _________.
39. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
40. Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disney World and
you certainly don't want a fast pass. You only have one ride
through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
From an email circulating – as shared
with me by my friend Kay
Tools to Accomplish Your Goals
Spring Clean you
from the inside out!
-- home study program available
is the ultimate at-home support for creating physical change! A vibrant
collection of audios and workbooks take you on a step-by-step journey to
They are so thorough, it’s almost like I am in the room
with you! Since they are self-guided
you can work at your own pace.
- Detoxifying Cleanse Program
complete program guides you through a week-long internal cleanse at home.
For more information or to order visit: http://www.seedstochange.com/item.asp?id=86&cat=10
Get to Balance –How will you bring more balance to your
life? How about a healthier, more
balanced life plan?
Are your health concerns
impeding you from living life fully? Do you want to change your relationship
with food from the inside out? Are you seeking deep seeded balance and
would eagerly welcome the opportunity to work with you on a personal
level. We can work together privately
to create a customized life-long plan for you AND create the steps to incorporate
those changes into your existing routines.
counseling services I can help you create and maintain balance in your life
by using nutrition as a focus and a tool. To do this I look at your
entire lifestyle to achieve maximum health. This is accomplished
through education and private consultations where an individualized program
is developed for you. These consultations include evaluating your
current diet and overall lifestyle and then making easily implemented,
gradual changes. Additionally, you’ll receive outside information
in the form of articles, books, tapes and recipes. Also included are
additional monthly forms of education and participation -- activities like
cooking coaching, health food store shopping hints, light exercising
functions and other activities. My practice is telephone based, allowing
for maximum flexibility and ease.
also an email version of my program now available.
more to go http://www.seedstochange.com/programs.asp.
To schedule an initial consultation
contact me today at Brenda@SeedsToChange.com or (917) 213-9305.
starting today, you will; Create action
Looking for a speaker?
One of my
greatest joys is speaking to groups. It
is always a dynamic exchange and we all come away enriched. Would your company or group benefit from an
entertaining, motivating speaker on how to get healthier? If so, please let me know the name and
contact information of your program coordinator so that I may send them an
informational packet. I would love the
opportunity to serve your favorite group.
New at Seeds To Change
PODCAST POSTING –
hear a rebroadcast of my radio show on
Speed – not the drug, the way we live our lives. Just click the “listen to my
podcast” button on my website: www.SeedsToChange.com
month’s featured CD is—Fasting
How can we clean the body from the
inside out? Creating a cleansing diet
or conducting a fast is a great way to do this. Learn the difference between a cleanse and a
fast and learn some tips to prepare for one.
You will discover how can you do it yourself and how can you
transition back to “regular” eating.
To order: http://www.seedstochange.com/item.asp?id=66&cat=1
PERFECT FOR YOUR CAR
LIBRARY OR A GIFT.
Informative CD’s - You can lean about anything from Sugar to How to Eat
Out Healthily in my new series of nutrition and lifestyle lectures on CD. Other topics
include: Fasting and Cleansing, Eat for Balance and Energy, Healthy Weight
Loss, Your Nutrition Questions Answered, Get out of Your Head: How To Stop
the Chatter, and an Introduction to Meditation and five new titles: Sleep Issues, Water: How and Why to Drink More, Ten
Top Tips for a Healthier You!, Constipation and Food Cravings. They are
informative, interesting and even a little entertaining! You can order them individually or join the
CD of the month club. To order go to http://www.seedstochange.com/category.asp?cat=1
GIFT CERTICIATES ARE AVAIABLE – Give the gift of health
for any occasion
NOW AVAILABLE CD OF THE
MONTH CLUB What a GREAT way to create change or to give
the gift of health. For details:
WEBSITE: Check out my
website. It is chock-full information
and resources. www.SeedsToChange.com
Quote of the Month
Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives that we
Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do
it! Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many
tomorrows. Michael Landon
forward this newsletter to anyone and everyone that would benefit from Nutritional
and Lifestyle Advice. Enjoy and thanks for reading.
you grow a happy, healthy life