Personal Notes: Personal Notes: WOW!
Time has flown since I was last in contact. I have been traveling a lot recently and as
such totally missed communicating with you in May. I missed your emails. Happy summer – What are your goals
for the summer? Mine at to maintain my
new deeper connection with my yoga
– Bring a healthy dish read more...
Recipe – Picnic Quinoa Salad read
Article – Life Tips from Regina Brett read
start the summer off right read more...
Balance read more...
Looking for a
Speaker? read more...
New at Seeds
To Change read more...
Quote of the
Month How change occurs read more...
If you are invited to someone’s
home for a meal or event – always offer to bring a dish – and
make sure it’s yummy and healthy one.
Then, at least you know YOU’LL have a healthy option AND maybe
you’ll motivate someone else to make healthier choices.
A wonderful addition to any picnic
or BBQ – GREAT for the summer.
1 1 / 2 cup cooked Quinoa
zucchini, cut in “fingers”
cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2 T olive oil
3 T red wine vinegar
1 T Dijon mustard
Mix Quinoa and Veggies.
In a separate bowl mix oil, vinegar, mustard. Pour dressing over grain and veggies,
toss. Add salt and pepper to taste. Depending on how many veggies you add, you
may need more dressing. Best made a
few hours ahead – to let the flavors blend
have seen this – it has been floating around email chain letters for a
while – I enjoy it each time I receive it. I hope you find insightful (and helpful)
Written By Regina Brett, 90 years old, of
The Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio
"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life
taught me. It is the most-requested column I've ever written."
My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once
1. Life isn't fair, but
it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and
parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their
journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one
is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no
for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie.
Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this
27. Always choose life..
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did
or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd
grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."
Tools to Start the Summer off Right
Two targeted home
study programs available --
is the ultimate at-home support for creating physical change! A vibrant
collection of audios and workbooks take you on a step-by-step journey to
They are so thorough, it’s almost like I am in the room
with you! Since they are self-guided
you can work at your own pace.
An eight week program to help you get a
handle on your weight
For more information or to order visit: http://www.seedstochange.com/item.asp?id=83&cat=10
- Detoxifying Cleanse Program
program guides you through
a week-long internal cleanse at home.
For more information or to order
Get to Balance –How will you usher in the new year? How about a healthier, more balanced life
Are your health concerns
impeding you from living life fully? Do you want to change your relationship
with food from the inside out? Are you seeking deep seeded balance and
would eagerly welcome the opportunity to work with you on a personal level. We can work together privately to create a
customized life-long plan for you AND create the steps to incorporate those
changes into your existing routines.
counseling services I can help you create and maintain balance in your life
by using nutrition as a focus and a tool. To do this I look at your
entire lifestyle to achieve maximum health. This is accomplished
through education and private consultations where an individualized program
is developed for you. These consultations include evaluating your
current diet and overall lifestyle and then making easily implemented,
gradual changes. Additionally, you’ll receive outside information
in the form of articles, books, tapes and recipes. Also included are
additional monthly forms of education and participation -- activities like
cooking coaching, health food store shopping hints, light exercising
functions and other activities. My practice is telephone based, allowing
for maximum flexibility and ease.
also an email version of my program now available.
more to go http://www.seedstochange.com/programs.asp.
To schedule an initial consultation
contact me today at Brenda@SeedsToChange.com or (917) 213-9305.
starting today, you will; Create action
Looking for a speaker?
One of my
greatest joys is speaking to groups.
It is always a dynamic exchange and we all come away enriched. Would your company or group benefit from an
entertaining, motivating speaker on how to get healthier? If so, please let me know the name and contact
information of your program coordinator so that I may send them an
informational packet. I would love the
opportunity to serve your favorite group.
New at Seeds To Change
FEATURED CD This month’s featured CD is –
Food Cravings: Why
Do We Have Them? What Do They Tell Us?
Do you crave certain foods – find
yourself going to great lengths to either find the food you crave or avoid
the food you crave? If so, join me and
crave the food you do
· How to recognize the
· How to “head
· What to do after you
To order: http://www.seedstochange.com/item.asp?id=95&cat=1
PERFECT FOR YOUR CAR
LIBRARY OR A GIFT.
Informative CD’s - You can lean about anything from Sugar to How to Eat
Out Healthily in my new series of nutrition and lifestyle lectures on CD. Other topics
include: Fasting and Cleansing, Eat for Balance and Energy, Healthy Weight
Loss, Your Nutrition Questions Answered, Get out of Your Head: How To Stop
the Chatter, and an Introduction to Meditation and five new titles: Sleep Issues, Water: How and Why to Drink More, Ten
Top Tips for a Healthier You!, Constipation and Food Cravings. They are
informative, interesting and even a little entertaining! You can order them individually or join the
CD of the month club. To order go to http://www.seedstochange.com/category.asp?cat=1
GIFT CERTICIATES ARE AVAIABLE
NOW AVAILABLE CD OF THE
MONTH CLUB What a GREAT way to create change or to give
the gift of health. For details:
WEBSITE: Check out my
website. It is chock-full information
and resources. www.SeedsToChange.com
Quote of the Month
Never doubt that a small committee of
thoughtful citizens can change the world.
In deed, it is the only thing that ever had. Margret Mead
forward this newsletter to anyone and everyone that would benefit from
Nutritional and Lifestyle Advice. Enjoy and thanks for reading.
you grow a happy, healthy life